Patriot Games (George Washington)
This is a High School tournament in Colorado.
Patriot Games 2017
Dear Speech and Debate Coach:
You are cordially invited to participate in the Patriot Games on January 14, 2017.
Events: The following events will be offered: CX Debate, JV CX Debate, LD Debate, Public Forum Debate, National Extemporaneous Speaking, International Extemporaneous Speaking, Drama, Humor, Poetry, Duo Interp, Original Oratory, Informative Speaking, POI, and Congressional Debate. Three rounds and finals will be held in all events.
Entries: A maximum of five (5) entries will be allowed in each event, except Congress, which will be limited to 10 entries per school. Additional entries can be placed on the waitlist and we will accommodate those entries if space is available.
Registration: All registration will occur at www.speechwire.com Registrations are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. We will close registration when the tournament fills.
· We will use all current NSDA (NFL) topics in each of the debates.
· CHSAA rules and event descriptions will be used for CHSAA events.
· NSDA (NFL) Congress rules will be used for Congress.
· CX, PF, and LD Debaters may not double-enter.
· Congressional Debate students may not double-enter.
· Students in events may double-enter in two events. Students are responsible for making it to their rounds. Students must pay attention to the schedule because we may not be using a full wave system-some events may occur in the same time period.
· Students can only enter one Extemp event.
· Extempers who double-enter risk losing part of their prep time.
JV/Varsity CX Rules:
· Varsity CX Debate is open to all CX Debate teams.
· JV CX is limited to freshmen and sophomore CX Debaters or students in their first year of competition.
· In JV CX, no Kritiks or counterplans are allowed.
In JV CX, we will employ the NFHS Novice case limits.
Fees and Payment: The entry fee will be $10.00 per student in events and $8.00 per student in Congress, based upon the pre-registration numbers on Friday, January 1. Changes in pre-registration will be reflected in the final entry fees if made via the web site by January 1. After that time, net increases in entries will result in increases in final entry fees, while net decreases in entries will not reduce your final entry fees. Please make checks payable to GWHS Speech and Debate. Please mail payment to Maryrose Kohan, George Washington High School, 655 S. Monaco Pkwy Denver, CO 80224.
Judging: Because many college students are still on winter break, we have been very fortunate in years past to have plenty of judges. Please be prepared to sign in to judge if needed and be willing to judge any of the events in which you have competitors registered. Please bring any additional judges as well! Our parent group with be available to facilitate judge shadowing for new judges, so let any new judges know about this opportunity. Our whole community benefits from an increase in trained judges!
Awards: Trophies will be awarded to all finalists. Numerous superior and excellent ribbons will be given as awards. Trophies, gavels, and ribbons will be awarded in Congress.
Final Registration: Final registration will be from 7:00 to 7:30 AM, with rounds beginning at 8:00 AM. Please plan to arrive at registration early. Schools not registered by 7:30 AM may be dropped from the tournament. Awards are scheduled for 7:30 PM. If you are running late, please call me at 720-891-2818.
Congressional Debate: Please submit bills and resolutions by Monday, December 12 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format or Word format. The docket will be available on www.speechwire.com on or before Monday, December 19.
Maryrose Kohan C/O George Washington HS