Please email any questions you have about SpeechWire Tournament Services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For customers, technical support is available free of charge by email or by phone, both on the day of the tournament and the days and weeks leading up to it. Rapid response phone and email support is provided for in-progress tournaments - prior to tournaments, email support requests are preferred and returned within a matter of hours (hopefully sooner!)
Who created SpeechWire?
Thanks for asking! My name is Ben Stewart, and I started out in forensics as a competitor in individual events at Wheaton North High School in Illinois. I created and ran the team website for three years, and became interested in tournament administration during my time on the team. I started writing SpeechWire to help ensure that Wheaton North's speech tournament ran on schedule, and SpeechWire has grown from there to run all sorts of tournaments across the United States and around the world at the high school and junior high school levels, including speech, debate, congress, and even competitive journalism tournaments. I'm proud to provide locally-focused, client-oriented services to the absolute best set of clients any business could have. It's my privilege to help, albeit in a rather indirect fashion, faciliate an activity that makes a difference for so many students.
Since inception in 2004, SpeechWire has since been used at more than 3,900 tournaments in 36 states and several countries, including:
- The AFA-NIET
- National Forensic Association Nationals
- The National Individual Events Tournament of Champions
- The Tournament of Champions in Extemporaneous Speaking
- The Tournament of Champions in Congressional Debate
- The Urban Debate National Championship
- The Colorado High School Activities Association state speech and debate championship
- The Illinois High School Association state speech and journalism series
- The Indiana High School Forensic Association state speech and debate series
- The Missouri State High School Activities Association state speech, debate and theatre championship
- The New Jersey Speech and Debate League state speech and debate championship
- The Ohio High School Speech League state speech, debate and congress series
- The Tarheel Forensic League state speech, debate and congress championship
- The Wisconsin Forensics Coaches' Association state speech championship
- The Wisconsin High School Forensic Association state theatre series
- Several collegiate forensics state championships in the U.S.
- The city urban debate championships in several U.S. cities
- State championship-qualifying tournaments in various states
- Large high school invitationals in multiple states, including the George Mason University Patriot Games Classic, the Laird Lewis Invitational, the Marshall Speech Spectacular, the Apple Valley Minneapple speech tournament, the Sylvania Invitational, the Sharen B. Althoff Invitational, the Downers Grove South Invitational, the Sunvitational, and many others
- A wide variety of high school and college tournaments across the United States
- Tournaments outside the United States in Bulgaria, China, South Korea, Spain, and the United Arab Emirates
Thanks for your interest in SpeechWire!
SpeechWire Tournament Services - Copyright 2004-2017 Ben Stewart. All Rights Reserved.