SFCFL Grand Finals
This is a High School tournament in Florida.
2017 SFCFL GRAND FINAL TOURNAMENT | MARCH 18, 2017
Hosted by: Stoneman Douglas High School (Parkland, FL)
TOURNAMENT DATE: SATURDAY MARCH 18, 2017
ENTRY DEADLINE: TUESDAY MARCH 14, 2017
LEGISLATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY MARCH 7, 2017
Fees should no longer to be mailed ahead of time.
Please have all registration/tournament fees at morning registration the day of the tournament.
The SFCFL and Stoneman Douglas High School invites you to the 2017 SFCFL Grand Final Tournament on March 18, 2017. This tournament will qualify our entries to the NCFL Grand National Tournament to be held in Louisville, Kentucky on May 26-28, 2017.
Six entries from each event will qualify for the Grand National Tournament.
There is no use of supplement at Grand Finals.
A school is limited in the number of entries based on the following qualifications:
New Schools/Programs: 6 entries per event
Attendance at SFCFL Grand Finals 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016: 6 entries per event
Attendance at SFCFL Grand Finals 2014, 2015, 2016: 5 entries per event
Attendance at SFCFL Grand Finals: 2015, 2016: 4 entries per event
No recent attendance at SFCFL Grand Finals: 3 entries per event
1. Eligibility: Enter all students on Speech wire by Tuesday March 14, 2017. No double entry.
Students must have participated in ONE preliminary tournament prior to Grand Finals in order to be eligible.
2. Script Information: Input all script information for interpretation events. On the registration website, you will be required to enter script information. Please make sure all script information is accurate and up-to-date. The events that require script information are: Oral Interpretation, Dramatic Performance, Duo Interpretation, and Declamation.
We are not doing a formal script review this year. HOWEVER, if we are unable to track the script or find something odd or interesting with the script information you have entered online, we will require you to submit a script for review. Please make sure you have this readily available if requested.
Copies of Oratories are no longer necessary. Please do not e-mail me copies of oratories.
3. Judges: All judge and meal information must be entered by Tuesday March 14, 2017. NOTE: Make sure you add all judge meals are entered; you must also include yourself in this count. All meals and judges will be verified.
Requirements: 1 per every 2 TD/LD/PFD and/or fraction thereof; 1 per every 5 or fraction thereof in Individual Events. Include Congress in your IE judge numbers. No high school judges and no judges for hire.
5. Meals: Coaches/ Judges Saturday lunches (coaches/judges) are $7.00. Student meals are automatically calculated with entry fees. Meals tickets will be provided with each entry.
6. NCFL Guarantee: A $100.00 Guarantee will be automatically added to every school’s invoice. This is required for all schools attending the NCFL National tournament in May. If your school does not qualify students, a refund check will be sent after the Grand Finals tournament. If your school does qualify a student, the refund will be issued after the National tournament in May.
7. Entry Fees: $15.00 per student plus the $100.00 guaranty per school.
Checks are payable to SFCFL
8. Drop Fees: Drops after Tuesday March 14, 2017 will forfeit the entry fee and an additional $10.00 after Wednesday March 15, 2017. Day of tournament drops will be loss of entry and $35.00.
1200 SW 136th Avenue